- Youth Program Co-Facilitator
- Peace Conference Intern
- Padres Program Co-Facilitator
- Jóvenes Profesionales Program Co-facilitator
- El Camino Program Co-Facilitator
- Board of Directors
- Volunteer Application (at the end of this page)
- In-person interview at our office
- Criminal background check
- Placement (in a specific volunteer role that provides the best fit for both you and our organization)
- Training (coordinated and provided by your assigned program coordinator)
- Note: volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
Volunteer Program Brochure:
If you are interested in applying for any of the above volunteer opportunities, please complete and email the volunteer-application (at the end of this page) to Eloisa Echavez a email@example.com.
If you have any questions about our volunteer opportunities or are interested in joining our Board of Directors, please contact Executive Director, Eloisa Echávez at 612-872-6165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Volunteer Story:
I initially started volunteering at La Oportunidad to meet a class requirement. At first, I figured I would view this weekly commitment as a way for me to get class credit and practice my Spanish a little bit. It quickly turned into something so much more for me. The El Camino program not only allowed me to converse with cute little kids in Spanish, but it also gave me the opportunity to develop my own lesson plans and learn about the Latino culture and community. I was more than just a volunteer coming in unnoticed, counting the minutes until I could go home. My ideas were noticeably valued by my supervisor and my presence was valued even more by the kids in my class. Coming to El Camino was something I looked forward to each week. Even though my class requirement ended in December, I continued volunteering with El Camino for the rest of the year. I couldn’t have asked for a better volunteering experience!