The ‘Jóvenes Profesionales’ (Young Professionals) program was created to help eliminate barriers Latino youth face to complete their high school education, to pursue a post-secondary education, and to prepare them for a job that leads to a professional career path.
The Young Professionals Program mission is to prepare Latino high school students and young adults of diverse backgrounds to become successful professionals and community leaders.
We envision a generation of youth able to plan their future: having strong values, going to college, selecting a career that matches their talents and skills, finding long lasting and stable jobs, and being successful in their professions. In brief: Being able to ACHIEVE.
The Young Professionals curriculum is divided into three modules:
- Ethics and Values: Cultural Competency
- Family and Community Values
- Work, Community and School Ethics
- Human Relationships: Cultural Competence
- Education with a Focus: Training Leaders
- Discovering Talents and Skills
- Exploring: Educational Fields
- School Performance
- Saving for Your Education and Applying for Scholarships
- Job Process: Exploring Your Career Path
- Internships and Job Shadowing: Identifying a Mentor
- Resume Building
- Interview Process